Our gwabbit ears have read you loud and clear! We are excited to announce the release of gwabbit for Outlook v.1.2, including new features you’ve been asking for.
The award-winning gwabbit for Microsoft Outlook and BlackBerry automatically finds, gwabs and adds contacts from your emails to your address book with a single mouse click!
• Filter domains - this feature lets you filter out emails from domains you pick, selectively disabling the gwabbit alert from popping up for spam, etc.
• Choose your save folder - now you can save contacts in any folder, not just the default
• 64-bit support - gwabbit now supports both 32 and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Outlook
• Improved internationalization - gwabbit now recognizes the “+” sign in phone numbers
• Cloud-enabled - gwabbit can now automatically handshake with our upcoming “gwab-o-sphere” contact cloud. The gwab-o-sphere will be the world’s first automatic contact cloud, enabling you to sync contacts with your key contact repositories, like Salesforce
• Better contact recognition - including suffixes, like Esq, CPA, and MD
• gwabbit contact indicator - lets you see which contacts were gwabbed by gwabbit. This is a new contact field that can be seen by selecting “All Fields” in a contact form.
• gwabbit Alerts - this optional feature lets colleagues and friends know when you’ve added their contact to your address book. More about gwabbit Alerts can be found here.
You can get the upgrade here, or from the gwabbit toolbar, click on Options, then Upgrade.
You should install the version that is compatible with your version of Office. If you do not yet have Office 2010, you should install the 32-bit version of the application. If you do have Office 2010, you need to determine whether you have the 64 or 32-bit version. Note that the 64-bit version is for users with Office 64-bit. Users on 64-bit Windows with 32-bit Office should use the 32-bit version of gwabbit.
In other words, the bitness needs to match the bitness of Office, not the bitness of Windows.
To determine the bitness of your Office 2010 installation, in Outlook 2010, click on File + Help. The bitness of the application is specified there, under “About Microsoft Outlook”. If you are running a 64-bit version of Office, you need to install the 64-bit version of gwabbit. Otherwise, install the 32-bit version of gwabbit.
We are very excited to provide these enhancements to you, and hope that this makes gwabbit even more useful as you use it to build your address book! Please continue to provide us with your feedback and enhancement requests, we want gwabbit to be the best productivity tool it can be. If you need assistance with your upgrade, or have any questions or comments, feel free to contact our support department at email@example.com.